Sunday, September 20, 2009

Personal Training

This week, my clients and I did some pretty great workouts!  I felt really great about the programs I've been coming up with for them.  For my client that's trying to lose weight, I've come up with a lot of intermittent training things we can do.  Doc sent me some articles about intermittent training and how it can help obese populations lose more weight that interval training.   Basically, you exercise them until their heart rate reaches a certain point, then you stop until it decreases to a certain level, then start again.  It'll be interesting to see if this works for my client.  We've been getting in about 30-40 minutes of cardio each training session which is a big improvement.  I would like to see her push herself a little more though.  Sometimes she takes a break in the middle of part of my intemittent training.  Her food diary is looking a little rough.  I'm going to have to have a talk with her about nutrition.  We've talked about it before, but this time it'll have to be a little more intense, I think.  We're trying to keep track of her weight, but after this week, I think we're just going to record it every other week.  We've been recording it every week, but this week we saw a slight increase in weight.  I think part of this could be due to her diet, but I'm sure another part of it could be due to normal fluctuations in weight.  We'll see.  I just don't want to discourage her from working out.  She really is working hard and I really want to see it pay off.  We're trying to get 20 pounds off by December.  I'm going to make it happen...somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment